Davey Dance Blog -38- ROCKEFELLER CENTER - Mariah Carey - "All I Want for Xmas is You" from Pheasant Plucker on Vimeo.
AND back by popular demand (and by popular I mean Matthew), another free-association iPod Shuffle list. I made it on my way to my friend Patti's holiday party last night...
1. London Calling - The Clash
- 24 Hour Adventure with Lillian - in Jill's car. Video here.
- Summer studying in London in 1995. Vacation in London with Jen in 1993 (which reminds me of Twix and a drive to Brighton and Red, Red Wine for reasons I won't get into.) Bicycling through Great Britain in...1985? I was like...12. And it rained 3.5 of the 5 weeks we were biking.
- John Cusack
- Matt and his love of thunderstorms. And bears.
- The worst plane ride I've ever been on - a tiny plane to Burlington, Vermont. Caught in a thunderstorm. Had to circle. People were getting sick throughout the plane. I saw lightning NEXT TO my window.
3. The Midnight Bell - Jesse Harris
- A huge several-year crush on Jesse. Lots of opportunities to talk to him through mutual friends. But avoiding him because I could never think of anything to say. (Me?!) He gave me a CD when I first met him. I didn't listen to it for months. Then, I didn't stop listening to it for months. Oh. And I was at his Living Room show (the old Living Room) the night after he won his Grammy. That was pretty sweet.
4. Dreaming with My Eyes Open - Clay Walker
- Soundtrack of The Thing Called Love, a movie I can still watch over and over again. (I secretly want to move to Nashville and become a country star.)
- Speaking of Nashville Stars... I may be the only woman in NYC who was obsessed with that show. The obsession only lasted one full season. But, still.
- Also the dreaming part of the title. I've been having lots of dreams lately about making out with people. Lots of people. People I know. People I don't know. Famous people. Men. Women. Apparently, anything goes.
5. The Blob - The Five Blobs
- Loser's Lounge: Burt Bacharach, where B performed Me Japanese Boy as Tony Clifton, Jr. The show was fantastic. After the show, though, was one of my biggest fights with anyone ever. It was godawful.
- Hey! I've never seen The Blob!
- The sounds in it remind me of this:
And when I went to MySpace to find the link to the above video, Kevin's song "Baby Baby Baby" started playing automatically on my page. It's one of my favorites from 100 Songs in 100 Days. :) You can hear it on the 100 Songs MySpace page.